|Authors:||George Chatzisofroniou, Constantinos Xanthopoulos|
|Licence:||Modified BSD License|
|Credits:||Roland Koebler - pyratemp, Stuart Langridge - sorttable, Yasushi Saito - PyChart|
MailmanStats is a python software that generates an HTML report for a Mailman based mailing list. Using the mailbox path (given as argument) it produces useful information such as mails sent per user, threads created per user, mails sent per month, activity per user etc. In addition, it creates statistics and submits them by using charts. Released under the Modified BSD License.
Version 0.9 - Download
Simply, extract all the files in the same directory. Type ./mailmanstats.py <mbox path> to run it.
MailmanStats only takes your mailing list's mailbox as an argument. Mailbox is the file containing all the messages sent to a particular mailing list. As for Mailman, your mailing list's mailbox is usually located in archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox which is under mailman's root directory.
Some options are also available:
- --output or -o: Use this option to change the output directory. Default: Current working directory.
- --limit or -l: Choose the number of authors you want to be shown in the charts. Default top 100 authors
- --unmask or -u: Use this option to unmask email addresses at the results.
- --debug or -d: Use this option to enable debug output.
- --filter or -f: Select the file that includes the email address you wish your report to have. The file should have one address per line.
To inform us about a bug or even send us a patch please use GitHub's Issue tracking interface.